* 1 kilo squid, fine size, fresh, washed and cleaned
* 7 cloves of garlic, finely minced
* ½ cup white vinegar
* ½ cup soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
* salt to taste
* 1 whole onion, finely chopped
* In a clean large bowl, combine the 4 cloves of garlic (finely minced), soy sauce, black ground pepper and white vinegar. Mix well and set aside.
* Clean and remove the backbone of the squid.
* Cook the squid on a sauce pan over a medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring continuously.
* Remove the squid meat and soak it on the soy mixture for 30 minutes.
* Set aside the broth of the squid.
* Saute the remaining minced garlic and onion.
* Add the squid meat mixture, pour gently. Let it boil.
* Add the squid broth and salt to taste, let it boil for another 1 minute.
* Remove Adobo Squid from the heat and transfer it to a serving plate.
* Ready to serve.
* Serve Adobo Squid with hot rice.
* Do not over-cooked the squid meat to avoid it getting rubberize.
* Best to serve as viand or snack (pulutan).
* Best to serve with red wine or beer.
* Best choice for those who are budgeting.